Vehicles burned down near Pulkeshinagar Congress MLA R. Akhanda Srinivas Murthy’s office.
| Photo Credit: K. Murali Kumar
The Karnataka government has decided to conduct a probe by the District Magistrate into the violence that broke out in Benglauru city on Tuesday night over an alleged inflammatory social media post by a relative of Congress MLA R. Akhanda Srinivasamurthy. Three people were killed in the violence.
Home Minister Basavaraj Bommai announced the government’s decision after a high-level meeting chaired by Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa.
“There are National Human Rights Commission’s guidelines for probe into incidents like this. Therefore, as per the NHRC guidelines, the government has decided conduct the probe by a District Magistrate,” the Home Minister said.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY NEWSLETTER
- Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
- Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published.
- Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters, or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text. (example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not ‘the’, n is not ‘and’).
- We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
- Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.
Printable version | Aug 12, 2020 6: 50: 17 PM | https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/bangalore/district-magistrate-to-probe-violence-in-bengaluru/article32336119.ece
© THG PUBLISHING PVT LTD.